Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Patty Murray, A Bad Argument

Apparently the administration wants to close some US factories making US Air Force tankers and give the contract to Airbus.

Doesn't sound like much of an idea to me, but I don't know any of the backstory.

Part of Murray's argument is that Airbus tried to sell some planes to Venezuela. These planes had US technology on them. America, apparently, has a law that says you can't resell our military technology without our approval.  A little paranoid, but, sure, it makes sense.  However, Murray goes off the deep end when she describes Venezuela as a "threat" to American security.  I guess I can't be too critical, she didn't vote for the Iraq war authorization.  So, Iraq wasn't a threat, but Venezuela is?

Please check out my new site I Want the Nobel Prize

No comments: