Monday, March 03, 2008

Weeks Late: Kosovo Secession

I really shouldn't have much of an opinion on people wanting to secede or not.  My country seceded.  I worry a bit that the new Kosovo doesn't have free access to the sea, but that probably won't be a problem in the short term.

I've supported Kosovar independence because the polls show that super-majorities want to secede, and they've wanted to for a long time.  That said, there is a section of northern Kosovo includes a Serb majority, and, when polled, they don't want to secede.  Rarely mentioned is a Kosovar population that exists in southern Serbia.  I'm annoyed that the Kosovar secessionists, who obviously believe in secession, don't recognize the rights of the Serbs who want to leave their new nation. 
Please check out my new site I Want the Nobel Prize

No comments: