One option might have multiple uses, and still have uses if a military option becomes the only option.
One such option might be to set up a large media source, near SY, and lend it to the rebel voices to broadcast. Benefits during operation include:
- Allows Syrian people, and foreigners, to get to know rebels
- for future elections
- to know if they might want to support them
- words, pictures, and moving pictures can be recorded of rebels while they stay in the field
- Improves news access for the Syrian people, which have no press freedom.
- Improves propaganda outlet for group supplying infrastructure
- VOA: Arabic during downtime
If later, war becomes impossible to avoid,
- More uses for rallying messages of whichever side we like