Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Kurdistan Regional Government?

     The KRG website is unclear, as it seems to refer to a government of Kurdistan that I know was in place before 2003, but now has vague status.  The article is called "There is no Iraq" by Cenk Uygur, and it begins well...

Everyone is wrong -- from the arrogant neo-clowns who brought you this war to the mindless bureaucrats who maintain it to the well-intentioned intellectuals that are grasping for a decent and humane way out. Humpty Dumpty has fallen off the wall and all the king’s horses and all the king’s men couldn't put Iraq back together again.

     Which reminds me of my pre-war Iraq website (front page slightly altered after the invasion began.).  When I knew the war was going to be started no matter what, I tried to come up with an alternative invasion.  This, to invade "Kurdistan" and "The Fertile Crescent," leaving US troops only on the borders between the regions, was my bright idea.  And, the webpage with perhaps the greatest lasting power, my update of a CIA published timeline of Iraqi history.  I added some things the CIA seems to have "forgotten" to include, and possibly this language map of the region, with some text, entitled "Half the Trouble in the World?"

No comments: