President's Press ConferenceSo... amazingly... dumb. This guy wasn't qualified to be a Governor. Anyway...
- He TWICE referred to the fact that "no new refineries" have been built in the US for over 25 years. He blamed environmental regulations. What a piece of shit liar is the President of the United States! Here is Nader's Public Citizen debunking this crap. This info has been out there a long time.
- He said he took full responsibility for everything that went wrong during Katrina. Again, I ask, what the heck does that mean? It _seems_ to mean "no more questions, because I've already said I took responsibility."
- Did anyone else hear him talk about how he's appointed "people" and nominated "people" referring to blacks? It was weird.
- On Meirs. He called her brilliant. A freaking mutual admiration society. He called her work "stellar." A friend said "a distant, dim star."
- UPDATE1: The terrorists, yet again, are trying to "shake wills." This is the assholic tactic of suggesting that anyone who is against Bush's plan has, in fact, had their will shaken.
- Bush refers to feeding energy back to the grid as something "we're not there yet." But lots of people are already there.