Friday, December 24, 2004

i try

     I try not to be to topical.  There are posts here that should be understandable, and even relevant, 100s or 1000s of years from now.


     My seasonal story...

     My final step into atheism was when I had a vision. A complete hallucination. I met aliens. In the vision, I asked them if everyone on Earth could meet the three of them, who had been assigned to manage Earth for some militarily-organized alien group. My reply was "For how long?" And I didn't know, so I said "An hour, two?" and as the vision ended I "heard" "You/He doesn't know what you/he is asking for."

     And then I was back in my apartment, still knowing that aliens don't control the world, but understanding how such a big myth like god got started.

     So I went and tried to destroy the Judeo-Christian-Islamic monotheistic religions by pulling the rug out from under Judaism, by discovering the treasure of the Copper Scroll.

     In case you hadn't noticed, Islam, Christianity and Judaism are still with us. I failed.

     Although I did have a very strange encounter with Randall Price which made some of it worth it. But I learned that, among the Dead Sea Scroll scholar community a likely story has emerged, a rumor, if you will.

     "El" was a person, who had 70 sons, a.k.a. "Elohim."

     Names of "god" in the Tanakh(Old Testament), ranked in order of number of appearances: Yahweh, Elohim, El, Eloah, Elah

     All because I wanted to stop theism from interfering in US elections.  Becoming confused for the Anti-Christ seems to me to be the only way.  The Christians aren't going to pay much attention to anyone outside their community.  They will never accept any logical, rational or reasoned explanation that says "Your whole myth-set is a fraud."  If logic defies them, they say God is beyond logic.  If the archaeology denies them, they assert sole legitimacy in interpreting the relevant data.

No comments: