Saturday, August 27, 2005

J Bolton is a Man of Reform

     Although I'm sitting on idea to make my life perfect,[UPDATE: That just looks so stupid, I must change it]. I still feel obligated to offer an analysis of what I'm reading of the 750+ amendments that J Bolton has offered to a less than thirty page document being considered by the UN.

  • Remove encouragements to reduce nukes by nuclear powers.  More bombs are good for Bush's defense contractor friends.
  • Remove any references to the International Criminal Court, because we all know justice gets in the way of God's President Bush, "Torture Memo" Gonzales, "Bomber" Rumsfeld, and the rest
  • Forget fighting poverty.  The best thing for them is more open markets.  The Bolton reforms spreading free market reforms.
  • "spreading democracy," although I haven't heard what Bolton/Bush plan to use as a freedom spreader next time
  • Increased emphasis on bombing countries to get your way

     Bolton is simply insane.  We can only hope that the UN is not able to pass any such garbage for their 60th anniversary.

     I'm appalled that the LA Times, for example, can use a phrase like "free-market values" and "spreading democracy" with a straight face.

No comments: